Επιμορφωτικό Πρόγραμμα στις ΙΔΠ
Description of the training
A comprehensive Module, designed to be embedded in Initial Teacher Training Programs, aiming to train student teachers (preschool, primary and undergraduate studies) on the content, use and methodology of Competences for Democratic Culture, as defined by the Council of Europe. The Module, will be available as a short Continuing Professional Development course.
Objectives of the training
The training aims to:
– Support students in developing in-depth, critical understanding of the role of education and particularly of formal education in the development of children’s / young citizens’ political socialisation.
– Guide students in developing in-depth, critical understanding of current debates in the area of Education for democratic citizenship (EDC), Human Rights Education (HRE) and Intercultural Education (IE).
– Support students in developing critical understanding of view of education as a fundamental right and confidence in exploring the implications of this for educational practice.
– Develop students’ confidence in leading initiatives and developing educational programmes on EDC/HRE/IE.
– Familiarise students with key tools on EDC/HRE including the Council of Europe’s Framework for development of democratic culture.
Intended Learning Outcomes of the Training
On completion of the training participants will be able to:
– Be able to guide pupils in critically examining key concepts related to citizenship education, democratic culture and intercultural dialogue and to integrate them in the development of
new and evaluation of existing educational practices;
– be able to recognise diversity in its various forms, have good understanding of the significance of conflict resolution in education and offer appropriate support to their pupils for the
development of relevant skills;
– be prepared to experiment with existing methodologies related to education for democratic culture, integrate them in their practice and develop and test their own relevant teaching methods.
– be confident in supporting the development of democratic whole school ethos that encouraging democratic practices and dialogical learning.
1. The political and Social dimensions of formal education and the development of political and social competences
2. Education for Democracy and democratic culture
3. Human Rights and HRE
4. Culture, identity, diversity, pluralism and intercultural dialogue in education.
5. Education, engagement and participation
6. Pedagogies, teaching and assessment methods
7. Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education: Cross-curricular implementation
8. Practicum in schools