Office 519, 5th floor, School of Philosophy
Phone: 210- 7277428
Clio Fanouraki, Αssistant professor, Faculty of Theatre Studies of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Director, Writer. Clio Fanouraki graduated with distinction from the Department of Theatre Studies, University of Athens, and the Drama School Themelio. She holds a Master’s Degree in Theatre and Contemporary Practice from the University of Hull and a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in Film Studies from the University of Greenwich (teaching institution: New York College of Athens). She holds a doctoral degree in Τheatre Education from the Department of Theatre Studies, University of Patras. She has been an Adjunct-Fellow Lecturer (under semester contracts) in the Department of Theatre Studies University of Patras teaching “Theory and Practice of Theatre/Drama Education” (2007-2016), as well as a Research Fellow at the Postgraduate Programme Theatre Studies at the Open University of Cyprus (2015-2018), teaching the subject of “Theatre/Drama Education”. She has conducted multiple research training workshops on the didactics of theatre.
Her scientific interests and research focus on theatre/drama education, contemporary theatre and performance, theatre and digital technologies, bilingual/multicultural drama education, writing, teaching and directing drama and theatre for children, teenagers and adults. Clio Fanouraki has written articles in referred books, journals and conference papers.
Clio Fanouraki has been active in teaching, writing and directing theatre and film for children, young people and adults. She has written and directed the feature film Xamou (2016), the short film for children and teenagers Ftou! Freedom for All (2010), the short film Medea (2012), as well as performances for contemporary theatre (The Praline Fairy and the Magic Hazelnut, Moon Please do not sleep! etc). She has participated as an actress in theatre performances and movies and has worked in the field of research and production for documentaries, film, theatre and art festivals.
Teaching Language and Literature lessons through Theatre in Greek Secondary Education, University of Patras, 2010.
Theatre/Drama Education through the use of Digital Technologies. Elements of Teaching Methodology, Athens, Papazisis, 2016.
– “E-Antigone through Drama Education with the use of Digital Technologies” [in English], Parabasis- (Academic) Journal of the Department of Theatre Studies of the University of Athens 15/1 (2017), pp. 83-93.
– “Contemporary approaches to Ancient Greek Drama: The Paradigm of Maria Hors” [in English], Choros International Dance Journal, Vol. 2 (Spring 2013), pp. 70-80.
– “Αltering Student’s Motivation in Ancient and Modern Greek Classes through Theatre Education” [in English], in Boufoy-Bastick, Beatrice, 2011: The International Handbook of Cultures of Teacher Education. Comparative International Issues in Curriculum and Pedagogy, Strasbourg (France), Analytrics, pp. 407- 428.
– “Teaching Ancient and Modern Greek language and literature through theatre/drama in Secondary Education” [in English], in Guy Tchibozo (ed.), Actes de la 2ème Conférence Internationale Éducation, Économie et Société- Paris 2010, τ.1, Strasburg (France), Analytrics, pp. 168-178.
– “The contemporary role of the actor-performer: balancing through time?” [in Greek], in Κ. Georgiadi –A. Glytzouris (eds.), Tradition and Modernization in Modern Greek Theatre. From the beginnings till the postwar era. Proceedings of the 3rd Panhellenic Colloqium of Theatre Studies, Heraklion, Crete University Press, 2010, pp. 293-301.
– “Nikos Kazantzakis in Theatre/Drama education” [in Greek], Philologos, 131 (2008), pp. 115-122.
– «Performing Athens», [in Greek], in B. Giannouli, N. Govas, A. Merkouri (eds.) Theatre/Drama Education. Creating New Roles for the 21st Century. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on TiE, Athens, Hellenic Theatre/Drama Education Network, 2006, pp. 154-158.
Τheatre (selected works)
Writing, Adaptations & Directing
Moon, Please do not Sleep! (2009), Arodou (2009), En Face (2008).
For children: The Praline Fairy and the Magic Hazelnut (2011-2013)
With children and teenagers – Amusic Freeater team: Thesmoforiazusae, Aristophanes (2011, 2013), A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Shakespeare (2012), The Gaza Monologues (2011), The Jewish Wife, Brecht (2010),
A Marriage Proposal, Chekhov (2010) etc.
Filmography (selected trailers)
Xamou- Feature Film (Greece, 2016,88′)
Skyro’s Carnival Traditions (Greece, 2015,2′)
Iliaxtida Pancretan NGO (Greece, 2013,3′)
Medea- Short Movie (Greece, 2012, 12′, 35mm)
Ftou!Freedom for all – Short Movie (Greece, 2010, 15′)